- Glitter and rice play dough
- cheap shaving cream on plastic table
- making some goop
- detergent on a tarp
- a bucket of dirt and a bucket of water and an empty bucket. let your child experiment and explore the texture of mud.
- fill up a tub with rice and hiding the little dinasaurs or any other little toy,they have to put there hands in there and find things
- At the national geographic store today picked up a little test tube kit for $5.00 that makes snow. Just add water.
- Jelli baff - it's great. Turns your bath into a squishy jelly liquid. Loads of fun.
Recipes Ideas for Activities
Gloop (Noise Putty)
- 8 oz bottle of glue
- 8 oz water
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 tsp borax powder
- Pour 8 oz bottle of glue into bowl. Fill empty bottle with water and add to the glue - stir constantly. If you want to add a color, add a few drops of food coloring to this part of the mixture.
- In another bowl, stir together 1 cup of water and 1 1/2 tsp of borax powder until dissolved.
- Mix the 2 bowls together - Instantly they will become slime! Working it with your hands to make it a little more stiff.
- To make this "noise" putty put in a small container, then stick your fingers through the putty, it makes some "interesting" noises!
- Keep in a covered container in the refrigerator.
Ooey, Gooey Goop
Fun project for the sense of touch. Watch it "melt" in your hands then turn solid again.
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- food coloring
Put the cornstarch in a bowl and add the water. Add a few drops of food coloring.
It should be thick and pretty much smooth. it should crumble.
When you pick this up it "melts" but goes back to being solid again in the bowl.. really cool to play with.